New home communities can be a great place to live, but you should be represented by an excellent REALTOR® – BEFORE you walk into the sales office for the first time…
Shea Homes Vista Del Cielo New Home Community
So you’re thinking of buying a brand new home in the Shea Homes Vista Del Cielo neighborhood in Chula Vista? Good choice, they’re beautiful! With large homes starting at over $1,000,000, the community is located north of the Otay County Open Space Preserve and east of the 125 toll freeway. Don’t wait too long though, there’s only 52 single family home sites at this location!
- Four Large One and Two Story Plans:
3-6 Bedrooms, 3.5-4.5 Bathrooms, 3,873-4,936 Square Feet
- 2, 3 and 4 Car Garages
- Shopping, restaurants and movie theater at nearby Otay Ranch Town Center
(5 miles away)
- Semi-Rural; Close to the scenic Otay County Open Space Preserve
(Otay Ranch Preserve)
Buying a new home can be exciting because you get to choose from a selection of flooring and cabinet styles, window coverings, etc. Since they’re brand new, you also know they’ll be built to the most recent construction and safety codes. Plus, they usually come with a good warranty as well. What’s not to like about that compared to an older home?
Why You Need a REALTOR® To Represent You When Buying a New Construction Home
Did you know that the sales agents at a new home construction project work for the builder? I’m sure that’s obvious, but what might not be obvious is that since the agents are employed by the builder or construction company, they have a duty to the builder and not to you. It’s similar to when buying a new or used car from a car dealer. They’re trying to get the highest price they can for their employer as well as themselves (their commission). Simply put, Your best interest is not their best interest.
Of course they’ll have to follow all applicable laws, but that doesn’t also mean they are negotiating on your behalf. While it might not be a big deal when buying a car comparatively, spending more than a million of your hard-earned dollars on a new home in San Diego county is a big deal and is why you need an experienced and contract-savvy real estate agent on your side.
Further, if you think buying a new car has a lot of paperwork and contracts to read and deal with, wait until you see how many go with a real estate transaction in California. It’s very important that you understand all of the terms and conditions of what you are signing and will be paying for. After all, this will be your family home for many years to come.
Why You Need Amy On Your Side As Your REALTOR®
Let me share a little secret about Amy. I’ve been hanging out with her every day since 1999, so I know how she thinks and works. I know her personal code of ethics and how she values her family, friends and clients (which also become friends). I get to see what kind of person she really is 7 days a week, and not just when she’s in public or with clients.
I wouldn’t be spending all my time with someone all these years if they weren’t a great person, and I definitely wouldn’t be recommending her to you if she wasn’t extremely good at what she does.
How Amy Represents a Home Buyer
When Amy represents a buyer who decides to purchase a new construction home, she works with her clients from well before they walk into the sales office for the first time, to the closing of the transaction and long after. She stays in touch and is always available to answer questions as they come up in the future. Why is that important to you?
Typical buyers agents will only walk a client into the new construction sales office to sign their buyers in so that they can get a referral fee (percentage of the commission) on the transaction. Then they simply walk away and are done dealing with it, leaving their clients to negotiate on their own. Not Amy!
Amy wouldn’t even consider doing that. She actually stays with her clients every step of the way and is present with the client at every meeting and inspection throughout the process until it is complete. She makes money the old-fashioned way – she earns it!
Amy is also available to you to answer your questions 7 days a week, even before and after common office hours. She really cares about her clients and the transaction, so makes an uncommon effort to see it through. She always takes client calls and returns voicemail, even on holidays, vacation, etc. Your home buying experience is very important and her ongoing availability is just one of the many values that makes her stand out compared to lesser agents.
Why is this important when buying a new construction home? Surely the buyer can do all this on their own and the builders agents (sales office) will take care of everything? Yes, technically that’s possible and is exactly how it works when an uninformed buyer doesn’t have an awesome real estate agent working for them.
But wait! Remember that construction company sales agents don’t work for you, they work for the builder. It’s not in their employers best interest to do you any favors and go above and beyond what they legally have to. While it’s common practice for businesses to make as much profit as they can (that’s how our whole economy works after all), you also want to make sure that you the buyer is getting a fair deal. That’s just common sense and why you need Amy!
Amy’s Fiduciary Duty is to You
Remember, Amy works for you and her fiduciary duty is to you, not the construction company. She is right there with you at every meeting and inspection to listen to the negotiations between you and the sales office, and will ask questions that you might not even think of.
Amy has been a full-time Realtor since 2006 working with clients buying existing homes as well as new construction homes. She knows what questions to ask, knows real estate contracts well and is a skillful and savvy negotiator that works only for you, making sure you get a fair deal.
3 Reasons Why You Need Your Own Real Estate Agent
Hopefully I’ve given you information to help with your new home buying experience. Following is a recap of what I think are the most important reasons that are in your best interest to have a dedicated real estate agent like Amy on your side when buying a new construction home (or any home for that matter)…
- Your agent works for YOU only. Their duty is to you the buyer, not the seller or home builder. Plus, it doesn’t cost you anything extra, the seller pays the buyers agent commission directly, not you! Working with your agent BEFORE you start home shopping, and having them with you when going into a new construction sales office for the first time will allow them to get paid by the builder/seller. Unfortunately if they are not present with you at your first visit, you will be on your own to negotiate and deal with the sales office and making sure you get a fair deal and understand everything to your satisfaction.
- Best-of-class agents like Amy are there with you every step of the way, from before your first visit to the sales office, throughout any follow-up visits and inspections to the end of the transaction. Amy will ask questions on your behalf that you don’t even know to ask. Plus, she will be available to you in the coming years when the builder and sales office are long gone, and do her best to answer any new questions you have that come up along the way. Fact: The builders sales agents are there for one transaction with you only. Amy wants to be your Realtor and friend for life and always has your back!
- If for some reason you end up not buying a new construction home after looking at them, you’re already working with Amy and she has other options for you. She knows the current market and isn’t focused only on that one new home project like the sales office is. Why would it happen that you decide not to buy a new home and opt for an existing home instead? You simply might not like the new neighborhood, style of the models or available units. You may not like the terms of the deal or any number of other reasons. If something like that does happen, it’s best to already be working with a competent and awesome agent like Amy so you don’t lose any time starting over. The local real estate market changes quickly and you need someone to consult with 7 days a week on all your options. You need someone with the knowledge and experience to help you negotiate the best deal you can make. You need Amy!
Let’s Do This!
The very first and most important thing you can do for yourself is to call Amy today. She will give you the expert advice and competitive edge you need to find and close the deal on the home you want, whether you’re buying an existing home or a new construction home in San Diego county. Put yourself in a good position and have that first conversation with Amy before you do anything else!
Call now… Amy is standing by!
After calling Amy first, you can read more about the new Vista Del Cielo community and other new Shea Homes projects in San Diego. Get pricing info, floor plans, interior and exterior options and more… [click here]
Home Buying and Selling Beyond San Diego County
If you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell a home outside of San Diego county (anywhere in the U.S.), but still want to have an awesome real estate agent like Amy on your side, what do you do? Same answer, CALL AMY FIRST!
Amy knows many other experienced full-time agents around the country that will work well with you outside of the San Diego area market. Not only will she put you or the people you know in contact with a great agent, but she can also stay in touch throughout the transaction to make sure everyone is happy and it is proceeding as planned. She stays involved so you always have a friend to consult with. Go Amy!